First, we’d like to thank all of you for being great partners during this truly unusual and difficult time. Throughout the past few months and the COVID pandemic, our priority has consistently been the safety of our employees and our constituents.
We also want to wholeheartedly thank each of you who have pitched in and volunteered to keep the community looking clean and green! You have mulched, pulled weeds, planted trees, picked up trash, cleaned fountains, shared Facebook posts and information, notified us of problem areas, and so much more. We are glad to have such committed neighbors and look forward to continuing to do great work with you.
As the city and state continue moving into various phases of reopening, we are also adding back in additional service and staff. We continue to assess our service and how we provide it so we can protect our employees and constituents, and follow government and health department regulations, procedures, and guidance. As of June 15th, We are providing the following:
- 6 days per week service
- Emptying 153 corner cans 6 days per week
- Detailed cleaning of gutters and sidewalks in all four neighborhoods (both mechanically and by hand)
- Responding to service requests for cleaning hot spots and high traffic areas
- Picking up loose trash in the parks and medians
- Dropping off mulch for community volunteers to spread in parks
- Weeding in parks, medians, and greenspaces
- Watering street and park trees
- Cleaning and trimming tree pits
- Providing community safety patrols
We have been providing all of these services on a limited basis throughout the pandemic, but we are closer now to full staff and full service hours. Please be patient with us as we continue to add staff back in and increase their hours so they can safely provide service to the district.
Please know we will constantly monitor government and health department regulations, and should at any time they recommend we downgrade our service, we will notify you of such. Please also note that closures of our partner agencies can impact our ability to provide service.
Please know we are still unable to provide bulk trash removal service just yet, but are hoping to do so in the near future. We would ask that if you are able to do so, please take your bulk items to one of DPW’s citizen drop-off sites (see info below). If that is not possible, please contact us (410-528-1512 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to be added to the bulk trash waiting list. We will contact you once we are able to provide a pick-up date.
Recycling Pickup Event, June 18th & 19th
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak at the DPW Eastern Sanitation Yard, we are pleased to offer a one-time RECYCLING ONLY Pickup Event. Residents should refer to the schedule below to check times / locations for pick-ups closest to them.We ask that you meet our Midtown team members at the designated times and locations.They will be in a Midtown truck and will put your recycling on the truck. Please do NOT leave the items at the location prior to the scheduled times, nor leave them unattended.
- Please note the following stipulations for us to provide this service: First come, first serve basis. Once the truck is full, we will not be able to accept any more items.
- Please wear a mask and practice social distancing. Our team members will do the same.
- As with regular recycling, items must be in paper bags or cardboard boxes. NO PLASTIC BAGS are allowed.
- Please make sure cans and bottles are dry with no liquid remaining in them.
- NO TRASH will be accepted. Please note this includes yard waste, bulk, or household trash.
- We reserve the right to refuse any items you bring to us if it does not meet the city’s recycling guidelines
- Please do NOT place items at the site prior to these times! Items left prior to the specific pick up times will be reported as illegal dumping.
- Midtown is happy to provide this ONE TIME service during the city’s disruption and while our colleagues recover.
Thursday, June 18 – Bolton Hill & Charles North
- 9am – 10am – Laurens & Linden (Sumpter Park)
- 10am – 11am – John & Lanvale (John Street Park/Lovely Lane)
- 12pm – 1pm – St. Paul & Lafayette (St. Paul Park)
- 1pm – 2pm – Maryland & North (southwest corner on Maryland)
Friday, June 19 – Madison Park & Mount Vernon
- 9am – 10am – Presstman & Madison (Lena K. Lee Park)
- 10am – 11am – Mosher & Madison (adjacent to the park)
- 12pm – 1pm – Charles & Read (Spirits of Mt. Vernon)
- 1pm – 2pm – Preston & Calvert (on Preston near Yoga Works)
If you would like to volunteer with Midtown, sign up for our newsletter, or if you have service requests, please reach out to us at email@example.com We will continue to post updates on Facebook and via our newsletter. Please feel free to share and repost. Thank you again for working with us as we all make our way through this pandemic. We look forward to continuing to provide service in the district, and working closely with you to keep our community clean, safe, and green.
2840 Sisson Street
M-F 9AM – 5PM
5030 Reisterstown Road
M-Sa 7AM – 5PM
6100 Quarantine Road
M-Sa 9AM – 5PM