Current Permits expire September 30th
For those of you who already have a Residential Parking Permit in Mount Vernon (Area 28), you may renew your permit on-line at the following link. https://pabc.t2hosted.com/cmn/index.aspx
In a slightly different process this year, you may pick up your permits at the offices of the Parking Authority at 200 W. Lombard Street, Suite B, beginning September 12. Alternatively, you may pick up your permits at one of three pick-up sessions operated by MVBA.
Permits may be picked up at the offices of the Midtown Community Benefits District located at 1221 North Calvert Street, from 5:30pm until 8:pm on the following dates:
- Thursday, September 11
- Monday, September 15
- Tuesday, September 23
Please note that only permits that have been renewed and paid for can be picked up at one of the above sessions. No new permit applications can be taken.
Please be sure to bring the appropriate documentation with you, at minimum:
Vehicle Registration card
Change of address card if applicable
Extended office hours may be available. Call 443-573-2800 for times.
Free parking available at the Arena Garage, entrance at 99 S. Howard Street
Detailed documentation requirements:
You must present all current documentation when picking up your permits at either a Community Pick Up (on-line purchases only) or at the Parking Authority.
What you will need to provide for a permit:
- Current Maryland Vehicle Registration (With an eligible Area #28 address unless you have a Maryland registration and are a full time student with a current Student ID)
- 1 form of proof of residency, such as:
- Current Lease signed by all parties that is not month to month (month to month leases require residents to come to the PABC office each month to renew permit)
- Proof of home ownership (settlement papers)
- Current driver’s license with your current address
- Utility bill in your name, reflecting current address, that is no less than 30 days old
- Any Photo ID
You may need additional documentation in the following circumstances:
- If your vehicle is registered out of state in your name:
- You must register your vehicle in the State of Maryland before purchasing or obtaining a parking permit or decal
- Students from out of state and members of the military are not required to register their vehicles in the State of Maryland to obtain a decal or permit but they must present a Non-Resident Permit from the MVA (or the receipt) before PABC staff or Community Pick Up volunteers issue a permit/decal.
- If the vehicle registration is out of state but in someone else’s name you must present:
- A current notarized letter from the owner every time you renew. The signed letter must be dated no more than 6 months from the day you acquire your permit.
- Your Maryland driver’s license with your current address.
- The current vehicle registration
- If the vehicle is registered in state but in someone else’s name you must present:
- A current notarized letter from the vehicle’s owner granting you rights to drive this vehicle. This is required every time you renew. The letter must be signed and dated no more than 6 months from the day of acquiring your permit.
Payment Options: Parking permits are $20 each. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express & Discover credit cards. We also accept checks and money orders made out to the “Director of Finance”. Cash is not accepted. There are no visitor passes issued in Area 28.
Parking Authority: firstname.lastname@example.org(Email Link) , 443-573-2800, extensions 863, 845, or 851.
Area 28 representative Steve Johnson: Sjohnson009@sprintmail.com