Public Works Director Alfred H. Foxx announced bagged leaf collection season starts Monday, October 28, 2013 and continues through Monday, January 6, 2014. The Bureau of Solid Waste will collect bagged leaves every Monday throughout the season.
Solid Waste crews will collect 20 bags of leaves from each address every Monday. Residents must call 311 before Sunday at 10 p.m. for the following Monday collection to schedule a pickup. Residents may make multiple appointments for up to two months prior to the pick-up date.
The Bureau of Solid Waste will also continue to collect bagged leaves on the regularly scheduled trash collection day. Solid Waste crews will collect 5 bags of leaves from each address every week. Residents need to put leaves in clear or labeled bags and place them at their regular mixed refuse collection location and not in the public right-of-way. With Monday collections and regular mixed refuse collections, the Bureau of Solid Waste will collect, in total, 25 bags of leaves per week per resident.
Residents can also drop off bagged leaves at five Bureau of Solid Waste locations:
• Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Quarantine Road Sanitary Landfill – 6100 Quarantine Road
• Western Citizen Convenience Center- 701 Reedbird Avenue
• Eastern Citizen Convenience Center- 6101 Bowleys Lane
• Northwest Citizen Convenience Center – 2840 Sisson Street
• Monday through Saturday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Northwest Transfer Station – 5030 Reisterstown Road
For more information about DPW’s services, please consult your Public Works Calendar or go to http://publicworks.baltimorecity.gov/.